Mersur caught up with Kelli Delaney, our featured muse of the month of July. If you want to be in the know about all things Hamptons download the KDHamptons app right now.....then scroll down and get to know the endless summer babe behind the app.
Kelli Delaney is the founder and editor of KDHamptons, The Luxury Lifestyle Diary of the Hamptons. Launched in the summer of 2011, KDHamptons focuses on the alluring people, places, beauty, and glamour that comprise the true DNA of the Hamptons.With a rapidly growing monthly readership, KDHamptons offers an incomparable insider’s view of this world-class destination on the East End of Long Island.
#MersurMuse 20 Questions
Name: Kelli Delaney
Tagline: Editor of The Luxury Lifestyle Diary of the Hamptons
1. Describe your first encounter with Mersur? I was looking for a few, fun new pieces for a trip to Miami and actually discovered Mersur on Instagram.
2. What are a few words that comes to mind to describe the brand? Feminine, bright, comfy and flirty.
3. We say at Mersur breathing is the best high. What give you the best high? How do you get your personal high? I love to garden at my Hamptons home. When I wake up in the morning, I head out to my garden to see the new roses, peonies, and lilies blooming in the sunshine.
4. What makes you feel like a goddess? Beautiful bath products and spa treatments, swimming in the sea, slipping into a summer dress with tan skin, beach wave hair, and chandelier earrings, and when my bedroom is filled with peonies from my garden.
5. Describe your dream destination right now? I’m ready to return for a romantic holiday in Capri, it’s been too long since I’ve been there.
6.Describe your fave vacation holiday spot? I love staying in an old villa in Umbria with my sister and her son for a summer holiday and during the winter my favorite place to be is the Gstaad Palace hotel in Switzerland. So beautiful and glamorous!
7. What song are you singing in the shower, playing on repeat or belting out loud to in the car? Wild West by a great new girl group called Runaway June. I love country music, especially songs about heartbreak and the guy saving the girl.
8. Hot or iced? Always iced, even in the winter.
9. Fill in the blank. Fried______________zucchini flowers stuffed with mozzarella. Yum!
10. What is your favorite scent? Diptyque L’Ombre dans l'Eau
11. How do you own your own style? The Hamptons is my home base. I would describe my style as relaxed boho beach. Lots of denim, dresses, cashmere and layers.
12. Sunrise or sunset? sunset
13. How do you want to feel in your clothes? How does wearing your mersur make you feel? I want to feel sexy, comfortable, and not fussy. Where was your favorite place to wear your mersur? Miami and Palm Beach
14. Tell us about the work you do and why is it important to woman? “I enjoy giving our readers an authentic taste of everything this exclusive community has to offer: fashion & beauty features, coverage of social events & parties, decadent at-home photo shoots, profiles on local icons & artists, and a focus on the farm-to-table culinary scene.” With a rapidly growing monthly readership, KDHamptons offers an incomparable insider’s view of this world-class destination on the East End of Long Island.
15. Do you believe in mermaids? I’d like to, but no.
16. How do you turn an everyday workday into an adventure? An everyday workday is always an adventure because I wear so many hats. Some days I am on a photo shoot, other days I am writing articles for KDHamptons, other days I am hosting events for fabulous brands like Garnet Hill and Roberta Roller Rabbit, and at night you will find me entertaining in style at our Hamptons home, Maple Shade.
17. What is your favorite way to have fun? hosting dinner parties at home under the stars in my garden with my favorite friends, flowing champagne, sexy music, a table laden with candles & flowers, and farm to table deliciousness prepared by one of my favorite Hamptons chefs.
18. Fave drink? Billecart champagne
19. Fave colour you think should be a neutral? baby pink
20. What makes you a #mersurmuse? I suppose you would answer that :) Ok we will answer: Kelli is the epitome of summer and style. Her ease and elegance allows her to move through any moment. We love how her lifestyle flatters Mersur. Thank you Kelli!
Prior to launching KDHamptons, Kelli spent 17 years working primarily in publishing as well as in fashion design. In 2008, Kelli served as creative director / designer for the re-launch of the MEMBERS ONLY women’s clothing line. In just three seasons, Kelli secured the brands position in over 150 exclusive stores internationally, as well as cultivating A-list celebrity attachments to the brand. Before becoming a designer, Delaney spent 15 years working at top fashion, beauty, and celebrity news publications including: serving as editor in chief of Celebrity Living Weekly, creative director of Star Magazine, fashion director of Us Weekly, and fashion editor for Allure and Glamour magazine.
In addition, Kelli is a contributing editor at Hamptons Cottages & Gardens [HC&G] and Ultra travel magazine, and has been a featured Style Expert on national television programs including: Good Morning America, the Today show, E! News, Extra, and Fox News. Kelli resides in Water Mill with her husband, Dr. Mark R. Kot.