Allow me to introduce Stuart, #mersurmuse for the month of April. Ms. Mesires is the owner and curator of Lady Bug Vintage. Let's take a closer look at Stuart's amazing style which I was able to experience first hand when we were co-desingers together back in the day!
#MersurMuse 20 Questions
Name: Stuart Mesires
Tagline: Where there’s a will, there’s a way
1. Describe your first encounter with Mersur.
Love at first sight. I first encountered Mersur on social media. I follow Mersur founder, Sarah Shirley who I used to work with at Tommy Hilfiger.
2. What are three words that comes to mind to describe the brand?
Happy, fun, creative.
3. We say at Mersur breathing is the best high. What give you the best high? How do you get your personal high?
I get my best high when I discover a fabulous vintage piece - especially in an unexpected place.
4. What is your goddess routine?
Taking time every day to do something that makes me happy - talking to friends, listening to a favorite song at full blast, going for a walk, drawing, or searching for vintage. I find that when you can do something to make yourself happy (even something small), it shines through.
How do you remind yourself that you are a goddess everyday?
By taking time for myself.
What makes you feel like a goddess?
I feel like a goddess when I am able to express my creativity. One way I do this is to take the time to dress in a way that I can express myself or show a bit of my personality.
5. Describe your dream destination right now.
My dream destination right now is to go on an archeological dig in Greece.
6.Describe your fave vacation holiday spot? What do you like about it?
I like to go places that I have never been before - an adventure. I recently got back from St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands. I had never been there before and loved discovering a new place.
7. What song are you singing in the shower, playing on repeat or belting out loud to in the car?
Lovely Day by Bill Withers
8. Hot or iced?
Iced tea with lemon and mint
9. Fill in the blank. Fried __________.
10. What is your favorite scent?
The smell after a summer rain.
11. How do you own your own style?
By mixing vintage pieces with new.
12. Sunrise or sunset?
13. How do you want to feel in your clothes?
I want to feel confident, happy and that I am expressing myself - making whatever I am wearing my own.
How does wearing your mersur make you feel?
Mersur makes me feel happy, confident and the prints lend themselves to creativity.
Where is your favorite place to wear mersur?
14. Tell us about the work you do and why is it important to women.
I collect, curate and sell vintage clothing and costume jewelry. I love to help women feel special and to help them express their creativity by wearing vintage pieces. When they mix vintage pieces with contemporary ones, they are not going to see themselves coming and going. They are going to put their own stamp on their look.
15. Do you believe in mermaids?
16. How do you turn an everyday workday into an adventure?
My workdays turn into an adventure when I am on the hunt for vintage pieces.
17. What is your favorite way to have fun?
My favorite way to have fun is being with friends.
18. Fave drink?
Water (I am an Aquarius after all!)
19. Fave colour you think should be a neutral?
20. What makes you a #mersurmuse?
Following my passion
Stuart thanks for being such an inspiration! Your style is one of a kind! Can't wait for you to find me a new pair of dynasty earrings!