I had the pleasure of getting to know our January #mersurmuse, Susan Freitas, this past summer, being able to witness her first few weeks in the city and watch her grow over these months has been such a treat. Having her as one of my employees always brightens the day, from ice cream and Lady M cake adventures to world class brainstorming sessions, Susan always makes working fun. Her design talents and great eye for style and color are just cherries on top! Keep reading below to learn more about this talented and sweet young woman below!
#MersurMuse 20 Questions
Name: Susan Freitas
Tagline: Eat Dessert First
1. Describe your first encounter with Mersur?
I first found out about mersur from a coworker back in my home town, Corning, in upstate New York.
2. What are three words that comes to mind to describe the brand?
Free, sexy, bold.
3. We say at Mersur breathing is the best high. What give you the best high? How do you get your personal high?
By accomplishing something that is challenging. For example, hitting the perfect serve in tennis or sewing a zipper into a dress perfectly on the first try
4. What makes you feel like a goddess?
I feel like a goddess when I take my time doing my full routine of makeup in the morning, I feel even better when I have time to put on a wing or when wearing lipstick. It’s a very zen routine for me and I feel like it’s putting my best foot forward for the day.
5. Describe your dream destination right now?
Anywhere with good food and a white sandy beach.
6. Describe your fave vacation holiday spot? What doyou like about it?
I like Florida, the weather’s beautiful and I also have family down there.
7. What song are you singing in the shower, playing on repeat or belting out loud to in the car?
Anything from Halsey or Adele, my two loves.
8. Hot or iced?
9. Fill in the blank. Fried ____________.
10. What is your favorite scent?
11. How do you own your own style?
By just being comfortable and confident in what I’m wearing. People never doubt your taste if you're confident. I’ve found that the more people express themselves, the more others will appreciate and admire them for it. People respect the bravery of someone being themselves.
12. Sunrise or sunset?
13. How do you want to feel in your clothes? How does wearing your mersur make you feel?
Comfortable. Mersur is comfortable and also very bold and fun so it makes me feel extra special when I wear it, I feel like a star
Where was your favorite place to wear your mersur?
The Dream Downtown Hotel pool.
14. Tell us about the work you do and why is it important to women?
Being a recent college graduate and getting a degree in the field that I’ve always dreamed of is something that I think is very important to women. Going after dreams instead of practicality is something a lot of people are scared to do, but it’s something that we should all at least try. Chasing lofty goals is what breaks the glass ceiling.
15. Do you believe in mermaids?
I love sci-fi and fantasy so sure, why not.
16. How do you turn an everyday workday into an adventure?
By trying to appreciate the little positive things in the day, like noticing all of the cute dogs I walk past on my way to work.
17. What is your favorite way to have fun?
By going someplace new, or on the totally opposite end of the spectrum. I love a good couch potato day with some Netlfix, donuts and tons of huge blankets.
18. Fave drink?
19. Fave colour you think should be a neutral?
Gold, it brightens up everything and instantly makes anything look more glamorous.
20. What makes you a #mersurmuse?
I try to live in the moment and not take things too seriously, so I suppose I roll with the waves and try to find the positive side of things, there’s always a silver lining and everything happens for a reason.